Old June 6th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Maria

Default How do I avoid looking and acting American while traveling in Europe?

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:30:16 +0100, Welsh Witch
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 09:18:03 +0000, Maria wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:06:03 +0200, "tim"
wrote:

"Maria" wrote in message
On 5 Jun 2004 23:15:24 -0700, (Mean Mr Mustard)
wrote:

Unfortunately, I drew the short straw and will be heading to Europe on
a business trip this summer. Now my primary concern is just making
sure I get through this trip and back to the US safely in one piece.
I figure this will be a challenging task with all the reports of
anti-American protests and assaults on American tourists.

Please could you cite a a report regarding attacks on American
tourists?

Maria, I've think you've taken this post a little bit too seriously.

Not really...the rest was humour, but I'm interested to know if there
have been reports of attacks on US tourists.

Maria. Where have you been? If I go on the search engine I use it will
throw up this "Your request has returned over 1000 items so reword it
please"
What about Bali,I know Ausies were there too but also Americans and the
blowing up int Africa...or do you just mean Europe?

Oh I see what you mean...I thought the poster was talking about
individual attacks.
In which case the simple answer is not to go where Americans
congregate!