Old October 23rd, 2003, 09:10 AM
rob mendes

Default bkk to Angkor bus/scams???

Hi Joel

Tyhe best thing to do asa advice of a tourleader (which Iam ) is just take
the the local bus from the busstation to Aranyaprathet buy ur visa at the
border (1000 Baht) and arrange ur transport in Poi Pet It will take u
cheaper and faster to Siem Reap
Dont pay anything at the border besies the visa and check ur entry stamp!!!
otherwise u will get problems later when u leave the country .. u were there
illegally and will be fined!!!
The bustickets that are sold at KS Road are cheap but you will transported
with a fully packed bus to Aranyaprathet where they will drop u off 3 km
from the border where they want u to wait and pay extra 1300 baht for the
visa so this will be the first 300 baht u pay extra and the delay is
terrible
After that they will drop u off at a sort of bussstation where they probably
want u to go with 20 others in a small truck to save up gas so the more they
can pack in one car the better and u have a hell of a ride The road improved
and can be done by minivan which is the best option so ask for that! 300
baht is fee pp and dont pay more! All the negotation will only cost time and
count on at least 6 hours from the border to Siem Reap (150 km)
They will drop u off at a guesthouse or hotel where they get commission
which of course u pay
A good and cheap hotel is Angkor hotel only 5 usd per night ( without airco)

Have fun

"Joel Smith" schreef in bericht
link.net...
anything I shold be aware of if I take the bus from Khaosan Rd to Cambodia
(Siem Reap/ANGKOR)
are ther still scams, delays. ripoffs??
Are the roads better?? faster??
suggestions on guest houses????