Old October 23rd, 2003, 12:40 PM
Michael Christoffersen

Default bkk to Angkor bus/scams???

"rob mendes" wrote in message
news:R_Llb.9790$n03.976923@zonnet-reader-1...
Hi Joel

Tyhe best thing to do asa advice of a tourleader (which Iam ) is just take
the the local bus from the busstation to Aranyaprathet buy ur visa at the
border (1000 Baht) and arrange ur transport in Poi Pet It will take u
cheaper and faster to Siem Reap

It will not. Faster most likely, cheaper? no.
The best thing IMHO is to do is to listen to fellow travellers who has been
there done that.
You being a tour leader or not doesnt mean much unless you have been a
tourleader on this specific trip. Besides being a tour leader and a
passenger on the same trip is not the same. The passenger may very well have
a very different perception of how the trip turned out than that of the tour
leader.
Just out of curiousity according to the Alien Occupations Law of 28 July
1978 act 23 it clearly stipulates that a foreigner working as a tour guide
in Thailand is against the law as it is a occupation reserved for thai
citizens. So I just wondered are you working illegally?
I got my visa while in bkk 1.000 bht as did the rest of my fellow
passengers.
We got picked up at 8 am at our GH and arrived 12 hours later at 8 pm in
Siam Riap. Total cost 100 bht. Now you try to beat that! I wish you luck

Cheers
Michael