Old June 12th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Eugene Knapik

Default Newfoundland and Labrador folk festivals

In article ,
Pat wrote:

In article ,
Marcus Streets wrote:

Mind you Cambridge is only a city of 100,000 and the Cambridge
festival site is within the city boundary - with hotels and bars in
easy walking distance. Obviously I cannot comment on whether Bannerman
Park is as nice as the grounds of Cherry Hinton Hall.

I went to the Cambridge Folk Festival a few years ago. I mix main stage
FOH sound at the NFLAB Folk festival.

The Cambridge grounds are much larger. There is no on-site camping at
the NFLAB festival.

While Cambridge and St. John's are both small cities, you can reach
Cambridge by rail in only a few hours from most any part of England. By
comparison, the semi-large population centre nearest St. John's is
Halifax. That's a 20 hour road trip, 5-6 of which are spent on a ferry
crossing the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

Aside from the music, Newfoundland is breathtakingly beautiful, and the
people are great, and there are plenty of moose and blueberries...it
doesn't get much better.
Eugene