Old January 3rd, 2005, 02:13 AM
Benjamin Smith

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Karen Segboer wrote:

(Surfer E2468) wrote:

No it is not all about me,have had many,many people on cruises complain
about the same thing,they put in all these extra things and are doing
away with what cruising is supposed to be all about,being at sea,and
enjoying the view from a comfortable lounge on deck.

You can still do that to your heart's content.

It is all about
catering to the young credit card generation.

Cruise companies are in the money-making business. They want to draw
as many of each generation as they can. Nothing wrong with that,
doesn't bother me, and it's smart on their part.

I find something wrong with an overemphasis on money making. I think
life is about balance, and humans can produce with a much wider scope
when money making is put into balance with other aspects of what is
produced, used by, and shared by other humans. I find that designing for
a steered majority often leads to mediocrity, I feel becoming more and
more rampant with each passing year. And I'd substitute effective for
smart, but when we deal with their interests, survival, and well being
for who they represent, far is quite an appropo term.

I meant "smart" is quite an appropo term.

Ben