Old July 5th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Dave Patterson

Robert wrote:

I'm off on holiday to Kenya at the end of September for 2 weeks.

I have a couple of questions?

What is the best money to take, UKP or USD or the local currency?

UKP, and change that for Kenyan shillings at a Forex in Nairobi.
There are many.

I want to do a 3 or 4 day fly safari, can anyone recommend a good company
for doing this kind of thing.

Plan to spend that time in the Masai Mara - the wildebeest/zebra migration
will be there then. Your hotel in Nairobi can suggest a reliable operator.
Or I suggest Wildlife Safari - numbers in Nairobi are 573-630, or 573-977.

I'd also like to hire a car and do some exploring myself, nothing out of the
way, just up and down the coast. Is this a viable safe idea and is it easy
to hire a car in the Diani beach area?

Car hire is easy - but a lot more expensive than you might expect.