Old March 1st, 2006, 06:36 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Default Military Coup in the offing

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:44:08 +0800, "....lobert...." wrote:

Surely, he is better than those military men who took power by force.

Not necessarily. How he took power is one thing, but as far as running the
show I'd say he is one of the worst.

He stand for democratic election and has landslide victory.

It just goes to show how stupid & easily bribed the majority of ANY country
is. Promise them 1 million baht per village & 30 baht medical & of course you
will get a landslide victory. Whether it totally wrecks the country 2
generations down the road isn't on the minds of most voters.

He represent the
party and the people elected him as PM. He has largely delivered on his
promises to revive Thailand's fortunes after the 1997 Asian financial crisis

You must be reading different reports than me.

I'm sorry, but I haven't liked the guy from Day 1. He's gone about "fixing"
the drug problem by arbitrarily bumping off 2000 people including undoubtedly
innocent people - no change in the drug problem.

He's been ham-fisted in trying to solve the problems in the South, and
undoubtedly made them worse.

He's either stupid or corrupt as far as his business dealings & shuffling
about of shares go, and he's not stupid.

Dave