Old January 6th, 2008, 12:48 PM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.taiwan
tim.....

Default what is cheapest method to attend china olympics?

"RichAsianKid" wrote in message
On Jan 6, 3:43 am, "Ira IRa IRA Humperdink MD
" wrote:
On Jan 5, 1:27 pm, PeterL wrote:

On Jan 5, 3:22 am, "Ira IRa IRA Humperdink MD

" wrote:
any secrets for Americans to securing cheap western-style motel rooms
and eating well with minimum expense inside china during the
olympics? Can we bid on cheap hotel accommodations on priceline?

I remember people were able to camp for the Greek Olympics. But
camping is not really a Chinese (or Asian) activity, so I don't think
there are any campgrounds nearby. There'd be no cheap hotels within
100 mile radius of Beijing. There are other activities in other
cities (Shanghai, HK?), but again I think cheap and Olympics are two
opposite concepts.

i heard many chinese families are renting their apartments for
olympics month to westerners at a decent profit.

That too, but more memorably they rent out their daughters.

are you sure this is a rental contract

tim