Old January 6th, 2008, 04:05 PM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim

Default what is cheapest method to attend china olympics?

I stay at a nice little hotel in Beijing for $43USD a night. However, during
the Olympics, they have raised their rates ten times to $430USD a night.
The greed of the Chinese is amazing! It is also showing up in the price for
their products. As an importer who does a lot of business with China, I am
beginning to abandon the practice. I can now buy many items cheaper in
EUROPE!

Wake up Chinese! You will LOSE the American market if you don't stop your
greed!

"MI" wrote in message

On 1/5/08 3:22 AM, in article
, "Ira IRa
IRA Humperdink MD "

wrote:

any secrets for Americans to securing cheap western-style motel rooms
and eating well with minimum expense inside china during the
olympics? Can we bid on cheap hotel accommodations on priceline?

Our newspapers quoted a travel agent saying they advising their clients
not
to go to Beijing during the Olympics because the rooms are costing the
equivalent of CAD$1200 per night.
--
Martha Canada