Old January 6th, 2008, 04:08 PM posted to soc.culture.china,rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim

Default what is cheapest method to attend china olympics?

They intend to make their entire annual income from that one 8 day period!

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in message
Ira IRa IRA Humperdink MD wrote:
i heard many chinese families are renting their apartments for
olympics month to westerners at a decent profit.

That has been done at all Olympics no matter where in the world.

I attended the Montreal Games in '76 and we rented a room in a nice
family's house at a very reasonable rate. It beat the overpriced
opportunist gouging by the Hotel industry.

I am surprised if it is allowed in communist China. Yep. Well, here is an
on-line ad. $300 US per night - 8 night minimum... These are
Communists???? Wait until they become Capitalists!!! LOL!
It is a top grade private platform of 100sqm. Structu 3 floors,
2bedroom, 1kitchen, 1bathroom, 1balcony.
Furnitu air condition, refrigerator, TV, washing machine, internet
broadband, security service.
Location: lishuiqiao street,very near( 5Kms distance ) to Bird Nest
Center, 15 minuts walking to Olympics Park, 2 minuts walking to No.5
subway station, 2 minuts walking to No.13 railway station, 2 stops ( by
railway) to media vilage.25-minute drive to the Capital international
Airport
Rental: 300USD/day/room,at lease 8 day during Auguest

Sawyer Nicknames
http://sawyer.xtreemhost.com/

Seinfeld Trivia, Lists, and Scripts
http://seinfeld.xtreemhost.com/