Old February 11th, 2008, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

Default PCH (CA1) in March

On 11 Feb 2008 09:57:14 -0800, (Eugene Miya)
wrote:

In article ,
Calif Bill wrote:
"Hatunen" wrote in message
. ..
to as the Pacific Coast Highway.
And who the hell ever referred to it as the Cabrillo highway.

Excepting the state designated number of '1', I think that you guys
can't expect naming to run the entire length. Increasingly, sections of
the various same numbered roadways are getting designated dedications
and namings. The same continous stretch of road will take on different
names as time goes on.

In he cadse of the Pacific Coast Highway, CA-1 to Oxnard, and the
Cabrillo Highway, CA-1 from near Santa Barbara to the San
Francisco county line, the names are prescribed in the California
Streets and Highways Code. Locally, different communities have
diffeent local names for them, but the "master" name remains.

I grew up near the PCH as well, but then I've seen names changes in
Europe after single blocks.

Not to belabor the obvious, but this isn't Europe.

It's change: get used to it.

It's not change unless the state asembly decides it is.