Old December 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM posted to alt.atheism, alt.anarchism, rec.travel.air, soc.culture.nordic,alt.bible
D K Palm

Default Public Outrage Forces Swedish Hotels To Put Bibles Back

That must have been a darn quiet public outcry, probably centred
around Jönköping (the "holiest" city in Sweden). Not even the tabloid
have mentioned it and they have a public outcry at least three times
in a week.
I think there are still an religious organisation donating the bible
to some hotels, but I really don't think people would care or not.

Now when the church got separated from the state the member ship is
rapidly dwindling and I believe that the Swedish Church have lost
about 30% of it's member in 5 years. Sade in a way because soon only
the fruit cake Christians in all those Jehovah's and Pentecostal sects
will be left.

Hopefully we Swedes will get a new nicer religion to rally around,
like Buddhism or the Universal Unionism.