Old September 19th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Gerry Scott-Moore

Default Tokyo with a Very Young Child

In article , PTRAVEL
wrote:

I think you need to find somebody to beat up on that is talking
about the same thing.

If I've confused you with the OP, my apologies.

Actually I think I have too with another post upstream.

And in any case the seminal few posts were at cross-purposes. My view
is that bookending seats with a spouse is just fine. If someone
actually gets plunked down in between, one or other can shift over as
the needs demand. This is unrelated to infants.

The idea of a ceaselessly shuffled infant between two seats, on either
side OR in the same 3-seat row both sounds like a nightmare
prescription. But then there are many such situations you could never
guess about.

While everybody finally managed to go to sleep on my last flight to
Japan, there was a Thai couple, very much country folk, that were were
screaming at each other, very shrill, every 15-20 minutes or so. Waking
me repeatedly. Apparently I was the only one that could hear it and
they were two rows back and across the aisle. I even asked a
stewardess to shut them up, and she gave them the one-size-fits-all
request and then evaporated.

There's one I couldn't have guessed. Noice cancelling head-sets are
beginning to look interesting.

--
///---