Old January 27th, 2013, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Orval Fairbairn

Default Back to Back Cruise Question

In article , "Jr."
wrote:

We did back to back on the Grand Princess last year.
We told our travel agent only to book it if we didn't have to change cabins
after 7 days.
That was not a problem to get done.
We had to leave the ship in Ft. Lauderdale and get back on about two hours
later.
We receive new ship cards but for the same "14 day" voyage.

We did the same cruises, starting 3 weeks ago. We had to get off the
ship in FLL and were kept in a holding pen until all the one-weekers
left the ship.

We did not have to change rooms.

We had heard such great praises for Princess that we were disappointed
overall.

1. Buffet food was pretty generic.
2. no lectures on the islands
3. Pools were kept too COLD for swimming.
4. Library was small, open to noise from the steel bands in the Piazza.
It also had poor lighting, no comfortable chairs and no newspapers.
5. PA system bass was overdriven for "Movies Under the Stars" so all you
got was a loud rumble.
6. The ship's rework looked as if it was designed by committee, with no
through line.