Old September 14th, 2004, 02:15 PM
MLD

I would stick to Maine and New Hampshire. Heading down from Portland you
can go via Rt.1 through all the small towns. Might be slower than the
Turnpike but more enjoyable. Weather not too unlike NY. Cool in the
morning but normally will warm up. Foliage moves south with time, can't
actually predict time vs colors. Just hope that there isn't a big rain/wind
storm because all the leaves tend to go down then.
MLD
"Verizon Customer" wrote in message
Hello all,

Myself and a colleague will be driving from NYC to New England in Mid
October. I was seriously thinking about starting off with Portland, Maine
(and surrounding areas) then working our way back down.

We're die-hard Autumn-Foliage enthusiasts and amateur photographers. So
we're really looking forward to what's in store.

questions:
^^ Is there alot going on up there around this time?
^^ and will the foliage be at peak or close to it?
^^ also, what might we get in as far as weather's concerned. (note: the
cooler the better for us. 'can't get enough!)

NOTE: I'd thought about Vermont, but figured Maine might be best what with
all the towns, cities and more to cover on the way back. Any thoughts?