Old March 20th, 2004, 11:12 PM
maryanne kehoe

Default Immigration Cards - Russia.

It was implemented in response to illegal immigration in the major
cities such as St. Petersbug and Moscow.

Immigration Cards - Russia.

Group: rec.travel.air Date: Sat, Mar 20, 2004, 10:52pm (EST+5) From:
(KGB=A0(=A0KGB))
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:32:32 GMT, mtravelkay wrote:
Pete wrote:
Any recent experiences in this matter and up-to-date info would be
appreciated - neither my wife nor myself fancy languishing in a cell at
the Russia/Mongolia border whilst the lack of Immigration Card is sorted
out!!!!!!
Domodedovo is much better run than Sheremetevo, so your odds of
obtaining a proper card are good. But I recommend contacting your local
Russian embassy to see if you can obtain a blank card before you leave.
Is this card in addition to the visa? I don't see the reason behind
having a card since you would normally have you visa checked on arrival,
registered at the hotel (or business, or with the government), then
checked again at departure.
Hi
Yes, apparently this card IS in addition to the visa and is issued on
arrival in Russia.
Who knows what the reason is behind having an extra card - bureaucracy
moves in mysterious ways!!!! =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 8^)
Regards
KGB