Old April 8th, 2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve G

Default What kind of neighborhood is Bois de Vincennes (just outside Paris)?

On Apr 8, 8:26 am, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:
Martin wrote:
On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 13:28:14 +0200, JuanElorza
wrote:

Steve G a écrit :
We may have an oppoprtunity to use a residence just north of the Bois
de Vincennes to the east of Paris as a base of operations for a Paris
trip. I figure we'd be able to use the Metro to get in and out of the
core of Paris, and spend our evenings at the Vincennes residence. But
I want to get a feel for the neighborhood itself (safety, crime,
ambience, etc). Thanks in advance for any info.

It considered a nice residencial place.
Donjon de Vincennes just reopened to visit some weeks ago.
http://www.chateau-vincennes.fr/index.php

English King Henry V died there of dysentery in August 31, 1422.

Hygiene has improved in the meantime.

Except for the fact that scRunge lives there...???

--
Best
Greg

Many thanks to all.