Old December 25th, 2007, 08:44 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default placing a Canadian auto Lien

I have a car that my ex business partner who owed me a considerable
amount of money left with me going on 4 (four) years as of Aug.08 I
have been driving the car (with Canadian tags) this whole time I have
spent over 6k in repairs, and have had several conversations with my
ex partner he always says that he is going to payoff the leasing
company and send me the title to NO Avail. He is now in drug rehab,
and I have not had any communication with him in over 9 months. Can I
palce a lien on the car and request title? or does anyone know what
the procedure is for trying to get the title in my name?