Old November 14th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Jeremy

Default Storage of photos whilst travelling?

Mxsmanic wrote in message . ..
JB writes:

I don't quite understand why people are suggesting uploading the photos.
What kind of bandwidth are you going to get in an Internet Cafe? How long
will it take to upload 128, 256 or 512 MB of data? Too long.

There are still a lot of problems with digital photography for travel.
That's why I still suggest shooting film.

Film has its own problems for travel photography - how can you be sure
that you got a shot of that once-in-a-lifetime visit? Did your
pictures inside the church come out, or was it too dark? Is there any
point taking pictures of that firework display? No way to know until
you get your film processed ...

The best thing to get is undoubtedly an iPod, but another solution is
a standalone CD burner that accepts memory cards. I saw a review of
one recently but I can't remember the brand ...

J.