Old December 27th, 2007, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS 斯蒂文• 夏

Default Hotel Room Cooking--How Common is It?

Marsha wrote:
BrianK wrote:
On 12/26/2007 3:39 PM CalifBill did the "neutron dance", then made
these writings:
"Rog'" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:
I'd say that everyone I saw looked financially able to eat at the
hotel restaurants. There were low-priced fast food restaurants
on the bottom floor, as well as many low-priced restaurants nearby...

In some cases, it may be due to peculiar dietary needs which cannot
always be met by commercial restaurants. Or the guest may simply
be cheap... although they could save even more at a campground.

Maybe they want healthier, less salty food.

Salt-Free healthy restaurants do exist in most large towns. Some are
completely vegetarian.

I prefer making my own meals, when traveling by car. Not just because
it's less expensive than eating out, but it's more convenient,
healthier, and I get exactly what I want, when I want it, the way I like
it, without any hassle.

Marsha/Ohio

I like eating out, but in some areas it's really impractical or too
time-consuming.

In the morning we want to get going, and either eat in the hotel room or
in the car. After skiing we often don't want to get cleaned up then go
out again to eat, and it's too early to eat when we finish skiing. Often
we'll stop at a store on the way back to the hotel to buy prepared deli
food, but it's really not very healthy.

I think I'm going to become like some of the people I saw this past
weekend, and bring along enough cooking stuff to prepare simple meals in
the room.

This is some of the stuff I've seen that would seem to work:

Walgreen's Kitchen Gourmet 3 Cup Rice Cooker
"http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=302575&navAction=jump&navCount=2 &skuid=sku461205&id=prod461205"

Walgreen's Kitchen Gourmet 32 ounce Electric Hot Pot
"http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=302575&navAction=jump&navCount=2 &skuid=sku383236&id=prod383235"

Walgreen's Kitchen Gourmet 1.5 Quart Crock Pot
"http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=302575&navAction=jump&navCount=2 &skuid=sku367100&id=prod367099"

Walgreen's Kitchen Gourmet 4 Cup Coffee Maker
"http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100472&navAction=jump&navCount=2 &skuid=sku350546&id=prod350545"

Rival Fold 'N Store Griddle
"http://www.target.com/Rival-Fold-n-Store-Griddle-GRF405/dp/B000NGM06I/sr=1-1/qid=1198621665/ref=sr_1_1/602-8285296-5759016?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:GRF405&page=1"

Hamilton Beach StepSavor Skillet/Griddle - 38500
"http://www.target.com/Hamilton-Beach-StepSavor-Skillet-Griddle/dp/B00004X132/sr=1-1/qid=1198658448/ref=sr_1_1/602-8285296-5759016?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:38500&page=1"

Aroma 3-in-1 Mini Toaster Oven, Griddle, & Coffeemaker
"http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2403231"

Avanti Bake & Broil Oven with 2-Disk Burner - TFL-11
"http://www.target.com/Avanti-Bake-Broil-2-Disk-Burner/dp/B0002ONJ3E/sr=1-1/qid=1198686004/ref=sr_1_1/602-8285296-5759016?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:tfl-11&page=1"

General Electric JES735WJ Microwave
"http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02073112000P?keyword=JES735WJ&sLevel =0&sid=ISx20070515x00001a"

32 Liter Thermo-Electric Cooler Bag