Old August 22nd, 2004, 07:50 PM
Dillon Pyron

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:35:20 -0400, Howie
wrote:

The post above has sparked an entrepreneurial idea. Wouldn't it be cool
if one the the HAL ships that is registered in the Netherlands, were to
offer a marijuana lounge on board when on the open sea.

Howie

There's a little problem with this concept (actually, a fair number of
large problems, but I like to understate).

The DoJ has asserted that it can try US nationals for violation of US
laws in foreign countries. So, even if what you do in a foreign
country is legal there, they can still bust you and try you in the US.
They don't do it often, but they have done it in the past.

--
dillon

When I was a kid, I thought the angel's name was Hark
and the horse's name was Bob.