Old November 20th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Sam

I totally agree with Mike. If tipping is required or expected for
better service, we clearly would go on a cruise instead. Yes, the
average workers in Mexico make very little money. In fact, we are
average workers too by American standards. So, when we chose to go on
an AI vacation, we do so because tipping is already included. Sure,
we may earn more than the hotel workers in countries such as Mexico
but we don't make more than the average person here. Money is tight
for us too. A vacation is big reward for us. I don't flaunt my wealth
indirectly or indirectly when I go to an AI . If I do receive
outstanding service I will tip, But, more often than not, I tip out
of guilt more than anything else. Fundamentally, I feel this type
guilt is wrong.