Old December 21st, 2004, 10:01 AM
Peter Ibrahim

Very helpful info - but as the original poster was wary about a 2.5mile hike
within Arches National Park, I guess they'll be somewhat reluctant to hike a
28-mile round trip into the Grand Canyon

That said, I'd concur with Julie; I hiked from the North Rim down to the
River this Summer (July) and it's absolutely breathtaking. For the most
part, the hiking isn't too bad - it's only the final stretch back up the
switchbacks that's an absolute beast; the steep incline, intolerable heat
and loose sandy paths combine to make it really arduous.

If you want to check it all out but don't feel up to the hike, perhaps go
down on a mule? No idea what the prices are like though...

Pete