Old June 21st, 2004, 08:19 PM
Tim Kroesen

Default Rhein ferry information

Just did this last month and it was great! I hopped on the Rhine at
Bophal to shorten the hours to Rudesheim to 4.5 (8.5 from Koblenz) then
crossed the river via one of many ferries to Bingen and the main rail
line on the west bank to depart area by train. I can only comment on
'KD' line which runs a regular schedule back and forth but there appear
to be others including car ferries... Google... KD Rhine excursions are
*free* to Eurail pass holders on a designated pass travel day right now
as a bonus!

http://www.k-d.com/engl/index.html

Tim K

"Suzan" wrote in message
Do the ferries that run between towns on the Rhein (between St. Goar

and St.
Goarhausen, or between Bingen and Rudesheim, for example), run back

and
forth continously, or is there a set schedule with just a few

crossings per
day? Fares? Do these ferries all accomodate cars? I am assuming

these
ferries are separate from the boats that cruise up and down the

river -- I
have those schedules. I am just wondering how easy -- or not -- it

will be
to get from one town to another across the river as we explore.