Old January 26th, 2008, 06:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mr. Travel

Default Cancun

Newby wrote:
"Joseph Coulter" wrote in message
. 97.136...

"Newby" wrote in
:

Might be traveling to Cancun later this year, June or July. Is it
advisable to rent a car or depend on local transportation? If I go, I
would like to visit Mayan ruins. Any recommendations as to which to
see?

Thank you for any help.

Mexico has greater liability issues, do (it is mandatory) take all the
insurance they will sell you. Driving isn't so bad but you don't wnat to
have trouble in Mexico. I would rent for the day and go to the ruins (it
is what I did) and not have a car most of the time. Beware free car
rental in Cancun it is all about (as are all freebies in Cancun) time
share.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Thanks for the info.

It is NOT mandatory to take all of the insurance.
In fact, if you credit card is primary for foreign locations, that would
be enough for most people.

I always rent a car for RM. I wouldn't stay in Cancun.
I would especially recommend it over a bus for visiting the ruins,
especially Coba.

Cancun is full of American teenagers looking for alcohol.

If bars full of teenagers is not the scene for you, I recommend not
staying in Cancun.