Old October 21st, 2011, 05:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD[_3_]

Default CyberFlying???

In message someone claiming
to be mag3 typed:

I guess my question is, how is it even possible to acquire such footage from inside the
aircraft given the prohibition on "portable electronic devices" below 10,000ft? Perhaps,
it may have been "overlooked" in the earlier days of "heightened security awareness,"
but I'm really wondering how anyone could get away with it today? Even if permission
were to be granted by the captain or crew, the passengers wouldn't necessarily know
that and might raise a ruckus on their own... leaving the crew to clean up.

The short answer is that electronics aren't a threat and everyone knows
it. Nobody cares if you use a phone or similar on the ground, on the
runway, during takeoff/landing or anywhere else.

--
It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to
steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.