Old August 6th, 2006, 09:07 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Wildpicture.com

Default Snow in Johannesburg!!!

Pat Anderson wrote:
Check this link from BBC Africa news, there is a photo, I note it is in
Lesotho but South Africa is also mentioned in the report.
Pat.

Lesotho and South Africa in the snow....

Reminds me of exactly ten years ago this month, when I did my safari
guide - field guide training in ZA. We started with a three day hike
trough the Drakenbergen on the border of South Africa and Lesotho.

And there was LOTS of snow. Specially the second day at around 3000m we
had to walk through more than knee deep snow all day long (with heavy
backpacks). We slept outside without tents under a cliff with the
sleeping bags in the snow. Temps were -10C.

It was a very though and dangerous hike and didn't feel like Africa at

Regards,
Hans

Hans Martens

Wildlife & Nature Photography