Old August 17th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Lawrence Hughes

I have toured both places, and in general there is more in the Laurentians
than in Sault Ste. Marie.

The Laurentians feature some nice villages, great restaurants in Ste-Adèle
(see, in particular, l'Eau à la Bouche, http://www.leaualabouche.com),
bicycling on the 200km former Canadian Pacific railroad trail known as Le
P'tit Train du Nord, resort activities (golf, water, etc.) at
Mont-Tremblant (but the resort is at its best in winter for skiing!).

Sault Ste. Marie is not anywhere central, and is best for being near some of
the most remote areas of Ontario. The Algoma Central is a very nice ride,
especially the portion between Sault Ste. Marie and Hawk Jct. A railroad
enthusiast or adventure traveler might want to ride the Algoma Central all
the way to its northern terminus in Hearst. The next morning get the
Ontario Northland from Hearst to Moosonee, and perhaps see a polar bear.

Pineapple wrote:

I am thinking about sightseeing in either Sault St.Marie vs
Mt-Tremblant with my gf in early October. We just want to have a good
time ,relax and take lots of beautiful photos.

There are lots of sites related to Mt-Tremblant, but only a few about
Sault St.Marie. What are the main attractions in St.Marie other than
that Canyon train ?

If you were me, which place would you go for Fall colors ?

Thanks for your info.