Old August 14th, 2009, 06:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Cruise or not

Skip

I think you wrote a lovely note asking for experiences. I think your
friends experiences were a bit off, but they have a right to their
opinion. I am not BIG on NCL- but we can say what we want they have
changed the dining on cruising. is it for the best? really not sure,
I like the traditional dining but I understand the need for people
wanting to eat when they want. I also can see 2 alternstive Rstaurants
too but some are getting out of hand, and Say what you all want to
say on NCL But RCCL is going to get the same way with OASIS of the
seas and ALLure. They will have more PAY fors then FREES I feel.I have
been on 41 cruises, First one was 1984 on Chandris Brittanis and the
food was tremendous, There has not been food like that on the other
cruises I have been on, BUT the cruise then was more then some now!
So something has to give and its usually food, also when the ships
grow larger the passenger count is larger so that means cookin for
more, something may not be as we remember it in 1984
Cruise food was declining in 1999 BUT a first cruise is always the
most remembered. the Food is still palatable You may be getting more
choice meat then Prime meat....Still I do not have to cook it or clean
up its a good thing. Some lines haver better food then others too as
some has said SOMETIMES there is some people who like something more
on one line then another but another person will disagree. Its a
matter of opinion. I do know that in 1999 there was some decline
starting for the old time cruiser.. and it went really down people
did not like carnival food But then arount 2004 or so the Food issue
seems to be taking hold and things taste better and although it same
menu items on the same line a different cook does make the difference

Do not let someone elses opinion change what your opinion is, Nor feel
tht you can not ask here. You will get different opinions but then
from them you can make a choice.

Oceana, Azamara, Regent all have great food from the folks I have sent
and they report back...

Service the service is good there are sometimes sailings where you
find a few that are not good. We have found this on Princess but that
dont mean all princess employees are bad.
the ones that are bad get their names put on the exit forms, the
cruise lines DO read them.
With so many ships out and not alot of time to train the service folks
like the "Old Days" things have changed but its not horrible!

Go and see and you will be happy you did its still a fantastic way to
travel.

Susette
Cruiseoutlets and Travel
www.cruiseoutlets.com