Old August 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Neal Eckhardt

Default Cruise or not

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:14:35 -0700, Skipfromla
wrote:

Thanks for your response. It's entirely possible that the people I
spoke with had unreasonable expectations. I didn't question them, I
just listened to their comments. I'll call some of them and ask
specific questions to find out exactly what the problems were. I'm a
realist and know that nothing is ever perfect.

I appreciate your answer as opposed to those who seem to think I was
bashing cruising and evidently pricked their egos while having the
audacity to post such things in their personal newsgroup.

Last year, we invited another family to join us on a Carnival cruise
(the Freedom). All we heard the whole trip on how RCL was better at
this, and RCL was better at that. When she told us that RCL did a
better job of wiping out the sink in the stateroom bathroom, I replied
that you probably paid twice as much to have RCL wipe out the sink a
little better.

Six months later she was calling us to join them on the Carnival
Splendor the following year. All things need to be put into
perspective.

--
Neal

Never go to a plastic surgeon whose favorite artist is Picasso.