Old September 25th, 2008, 08:43 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Default Planes in Europe

Janet Wilder wrote:

So sorry I disappoint you. I do speak a little French and my DH speaks
a little German and Spanish, but we aren't comfortable enough to try
conversing in it. That's why I wanted to get our boarding passes ahead
of time.

It's not like you need to make a profeesional speech. All you are trying
to do is tell them you are on a specific flight or going to a specific
destination, and hand them you passport. They will figure it out even if
your accent isn't perfect.

Stop worrying about it. Americans have been getting boarding passes at
ticket counters for years. It's not like you are going to be the only
English speaker the agents are going to see that day.