Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

Default They're at it in Crete too.

aquachimp wrote on Sat, 22 May 2010 06:22:38 -0700 (PDT):

Now, obviously from the sheer weight of number of people
turning up at Scam Central (and that was just while we were
there) clearly this say something about the Cretan Holiday
Experience ... just that if I were the Cretan authorities,
rather than relying on that hidden criteria as a measure of
success through which to further promote Crete, I'd go for
chucking these scamsters out of my country. Or at least try to
ensure that all tourists are advised to go around looking as
miserable as possible at all times.

As Douglas Hoffstadter put it : 'Epimenides was a Cretan who made one
immortal statement: "All Cretans are liars." ' The quotation from
Epimenides has actually been around since the third century BC.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland