Old April 14th, 2013, 12:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default What is your favorite European megalithic? (other than Stonehenge)

Martin wrote:

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 10:56:05 +0100, (David Horne)
wrote:

snip

The resort at Taba Heights was wonderful though, you
don't see Eilat or Aqaba, but instead look over to the dramatic scenery
of Saudi Arabia. Fantastic snorkelling, which surprisingly I'd never
done before and got completely hooked on...

We went the same way, we spent most of our time in Greece snorkeling
and sailing when our kids were teenagers. We even took and passed a
BSAC scuba course one winter, but stopped when we found that the next
stage was diving in the North Sea in early spring.
My daughter recommends snorkeling in Cao Coco, Cuba, it has the second
biggest coral reef in the world the sea is full of fish. It was Ernest
Hemingway's favourite for fishing. Thomas Cook does a good value cheap
package holiday starting from Manchester Airport. The hotels are
Spanish owned. You need to pick the time for a cheap holiday and the
season to avoid the heat in summer and rainy season.

We do want to go to Cuba (my partner has US passport, but Cuba doesn't
leave a permanent stamp so shouldn't be a problem travelling from UK.)

(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"[Do you think the world learned anything from the first
world war?] No. They never learn." -Harry Patch (1898-2009)