Old October 28th, 2011, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default Road trip USA Nat'l parks

"Panawe" wrote in message
m...
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:42:03 +0000, Kay Lancaster wrote:

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:33:06 -0500, Panawe wrote:
Hi,

Advice please. I am planning a road trip (fly-drive from UK and stay in
hotels/motels) to the western US next year and I have a number of
questions.

I would like to go whale-watching and see Yosemite and Yellowstone
Nat'l parks (and others if feasible).

I don't like cities.

I am planning on 14 days, is this long enough?

Planning your time to visit the coast or just whale watching ? ,

You MIGHT want to start at Yellowstone ( Jackson Hole) and then IF you have
extra time, there's lots to do after Yosemite / other redwood parks nearby.
Or if you like driving the coast , drive down to LA then home

My favorite road trip out that way is from SF out to Yosemite, then exit
south - Stay at Tenaya Lodge in Fish Camp. then down through Los Gatos or
Gilroy to Monterey to Pebble Beach / Carmel, to San Simeone then on to
Santa Barbara.
Then LAX home.

It's not cheap, but it is beautiful