Old February 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Norwegian Dawn and Noreaster??

(PETE) wrote:

Did the Norwegian Dawn arrive on time today
in NYC with the noreaster?? Did they depart
on time?? Was anyone on the cruise?? I bet
the ride into NYC was very rough?? Did any
passangers miss the cruise with the airport
delays??

I can't answer the last part of your question about passengers leaving
on the ship, but I did see this in the NY Post.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/63443.htm

snip
The storm that battered the Big Apple caught many New Yorkers by
surprise, but none more than Micki Vega, who was as unprepared for the
city's worst storm as anyone possibly could be.

After more than two feet of snow blanketed New York, Vega stepped off a
cruise ship docked at a West Side pier wearing nothing more than a pink
jogging suit and canvas running shoes — with no socks.

Unable to trudge through the knee-high snow with her three bags, Vega,
55, paid $50 for a cab to take her 20 blocks to Penn Station, where she
waited for a LIRR train to take her home to Deer Park.

And waited. When she got there, her train was not running, and she was
stuck at Penn Station with hundreds of passengers.
Days earlier, she was soaking up the sun in

San Juan, Puerto Rico, enjoying the last leg of a 10-day Caribbean
cruise.

"This is not a relaxing vacation anymore," said Vega, who was traveling
with her husband and another couple.
end snip