Old February 13th, 2006, 08:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Norwegian Dawn and Noreaster??

Dick G. wrote:
10 days ago the weather would have warranted Ms. Vega's attire.

While that's true, 10 days ago, we were having "unseasonable"
conditions. To expect those conditions is where you run into problems.
Disembarking in NYC in February, one should be prepared for exactly
yesterday's conditions, and then they'll have a pleasant surprise if
they luck into one of those 55°F days we enjoyed earlier this month.

Lee

--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Jeff Gersten" wrote in message
(LeeNY) wrote:

Jeff Gersten wrote:

After more than two feet of snow blanketed
New York, Vega stepped off a cruise ship
docked at a West Side pier wearing nothing
more than a pink jogging suit and canvas
running shoes - with no socks.

Uh...it's still February in NYC. Isn't kind of silly
to expect to be comfortable in a jogging suit,
sneakers and no socks - with or without the
huge storm we got? Yes, we've been lucky
enough to enjoy a relatively mild winter so far.
But, come on. It's not rocket science. February
in NCY could mean frigid temperatures and/or
snow. Go figure.

I agree, but who knows, maybe after the new precedent set by Cunard, the
inconvenienced passengers will demand a full refund from Norwegian. Can
you imagine the gall of the cruise line to have winter weather in
February in New York City.