Old February 4th, 2008, 11:57 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.africa
Alan S[_1_]

Default Malaria and Mosquito Repellent

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 06:44:53 -0800 (PST), -hh
wrote:

DEET is a known carcinogen

Could you support that please? I'm not being smart; that's a
genuine request. I have CLL and hypogammaglobulinemia, so I
would appreciate any links you may have supporting that. I
did do some searching on Google Scholar
http://tinyurl.com/27nqgy
Medline
http://tinyurl.com/26pqe2
and Highwire
http://tinyurl.com/yvylwl
but found no clear support. There were some problems noticed
in rats, mice and dogs but no indication of human problems.

That is also one of the reasons I'm taking the dangers from
Mosquito bites in the tropics very seriously. But I'll still
travel:-)

I bought a tube of 80% Bushman's yesterday to try it. Rubbed
a tiny amount on my forearms. Possibly it's purely
coincidental that today I have gastro problems. Possibly
not.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/