Old April 29th, 2008, 03:08 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Joseph Coulter[_3_]

Default Electrical Power in Australia and NZ

Ken Blake wrote in
:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:41:42 -0500, Joseph Coulter
wrote:

Ken Blake wrote in
:

I live in the US, where we have 120V 60 cycle electrical power. What
is used in Australia and NZ? Is it 240V 50, as in most of Europe, or
something else? My laptop can use either, and I have a plug converter
for Australia, but do I also need a transformer?

Also will my US-to-Australia plug connector work in NZ, or do I need a
different one there?

Thanks.

One more little tip, plugs in OZ are all switched, with little switches
above the plug fail to flip the switch = no power.

Thanks very much. I assume you mean the outlet, not the plug, but
that's good to know.

Thank you, yes the switch is on the wall plate.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021