Old January 18th, 2006, 10:42 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Shimba Hills National Park

Probably going back to Diani for some R&R, and hoping to go to the Shimba
Hills park up the road.

Has anyone got any useful info or experiences of this park?
In particular, what's the best way to arrange a couple of days there?

I know all (?) the hotels on the beach will arrange trips, but I'm sure I
can do better booking ahead.

When we went to Kenya last (about 1982/3? and I think it was in July but
memories are a bit hazy!) we wanted to go to Shimba Hills; we were with
Kuoni (whom I'd normally recommend unreservedly). We asked about reserving
for SH before we went and told it wasnt necessary; we asked the rep in
Nairobi when we arrived (we were doing a safari to Amboseli and Tsavo first
and then going to the beach) and she said it wasnt necessary to book in
advance,we could do it when we got to Mombasa. First thing we did on arrival
was ask rep there to book us 2 days at Shimba - no go, he said, its full.

--
Rita Daggett