Old April 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

Default Touring Iceland during a layover

In article ,
Sheila Page wrote:

In message , erilar
writes
In article ,
Lee Choquette wrote:

I'm planning a trip for my daughter and mother from Seattle to Helsinki
in the fall, with one stop in Iceland. The shortest flight, which is
also among the lowest cost, makes one stop in Iceland, so they want to
lay over there a day or two and check it out.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what a 12-year-old and a senior
citizen might do in Iceland on a short visit? Also whether they will
feel like doing anything on a short visit, or if they will likely need
time to rest up first?

They might find the Blue Lagoon relaxing and different.

The original Geyser. The place where the E. and W. hemispheres meet and
you can walk across.

There are day tours designed for stopovers, so it shouldn't be difficult
to find something.

Day trips from whence? There was no mention of where they'd be
staying if they do the stopover. A day tour is what I'd probably do if
I had occasion to go through Iceland, but I've been there before.

No one can predict how they will feel, but getting out into the light is
one way of getting over jet lag.

Yes, that's a great idea!

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo