Old April 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Smith

Default Touring Iceland during a layover

Lee Choquette wrote:
Thanks for the tips, everyone!

In article , Erilar wrote:
Day trips from whence? There was no mention of where they'd be
staying if they do the stopover. A day tour is what I'd probably do if
I had occasion to go through Iceland, but I've been there before.

Silly me, I didn't mention where they'd be staying because I hadn't even
thought about it. They will be staying with relatives in Finland, but
they don't have any in Iceland, so they will have to pay for lodging of
some kind.

What's a good place to stay, somewhat on the less expensive side, that
is easy to get to from the Keflavik airport and makes a good base for
day trips?

If you are planning on that route because of the cost you might want to
check out the prices on hotels and food first. I know a few people who
have been to Iceland in the last two years and they were astounded by
the prices.