Old January 5th, 2013, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default Top Three Scenic Drives? Ummm.........

Who likes scenic drives? My top three scenic drives (defined by a
single day or stretch of road):

(1) The Lofoten Penninsula in Norway a.k.a. Land Of The Lost. I
refueled my car at the end and asked the clerk, who spoke perfect
English as does everyone in Norway, have you heard of the show Land Of
The Lost? Of course, she said, I live here.

http://stepheda.com/Grand_Tour_2009/..._-_Day_33.html

(2) Milford Sound. Previously my top drive until I visited Norwary.
Many drives in Norway are superior to the drive to Milford Sound, but I
wanted want be diversified here. So: this is a stunning valley drive,
through a mountain, to a glass-smooth sound, with a ferry out to the
ocean.

http://stepheda.com/New_Zealand_2006/Milford_Sound.html

(3) Wester Ross. Driving the north coast of Scotland is like a driving
on another planet.

http://stepheda.com/Scotland_2004/Photos.html#63

What are your favorite scenic drives in Europe?

On 2013-01-04 15:25:25 -0600, Stephen Ellenson said:

....... does anyone actually discuss travel in this newsgroup anymore?????

--
Dan Stephenson
http://stepheda.com