Old September 24th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Farmer Alfalfa

"Harry The Horse" wrote in message

I wasn't advised to tell the immigration officers anything. I simply
described onestly what I was in coming in for. If they didn't like the
answer then it was my company's problem & I had a number for the HR
Department in San Francisco for them to call. My attitude was that I'd

have
sooner been at home with my family.

Just wondered.

I was sent over some years back to do some programming work for my
employer's parent company.

I was advised to answer the question "What is the purpose of your visit?"
with "Business Meetings" because a colleague had previously answered
truthfully and been detained for 5 hours.

I realised why I had been given that advice when my first encounter with
immigration yielded the following exchange:-

"What sort of business are you in?"
"Software"
"Buying or selling?"

F A