Old October 27th, 2003, 10:21 AM
Spehro Pefhany

Default Stupid european airlines require Thai visa before boarding

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:23:03 +0000, the renowned Philip Allum
wrote:

In message , Thomas F. Unke
writes
"Sjoerd" writes:

Nothing stupid.

Here are the official rules from Thai Immigration:

Yep. And the Thai officer is making a decision if he let me in or
not. It is not the duty of a stewardess to check this. Especially when
I tell her that I'm fully responsible for my flight and that I will
pay for my return flight in case I'm refused entry.

You're missing the point. The airline can be fined for bringing you
into the country without valid papers.. The stewardess is protecting
the airline - nothing to do with responsibility for you.

Can't they also be forced to take him right back again? Meaning that
they might have to bump a legitimate passenger (and presumably
compensate them) on their next flight back.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany