Old July 14th, 2010, 11:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe Makowiec

Default Upper NY/VT state question please

On 14 Jul 2010 in rec.travel.usa-canada, - Bobb - wrote:

I'm planning a casual trip thru the Adirondacks to check out the
scenery and looking at 'what else to see' nearby. If you're familiar
with the area north of Plattsburg,NY / St Albans : is it a scenic
ride? - worth the extra time to make the loop ?

Once you get north of the High Peaks in New York (this would include
Plattsburg), there's not much there there. It's kinda flat and not
much going on until you reach Montréal. (Make sure you have a passport
if you decide to cross into Canada - WHTI and all...
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html)

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.c...r/share/334486
If you take a look at this road map and picture the outlined area
north of Plattsburg as the head of a body, is it worth the ride up
and down into VT ? Or should we chop off the head ?The North/South
Hero areas ... empty island - crowded beaches ?

I see that there's a ferry from Burlington to North Kent and that
the option we are considering, SO ... should we drive
up/down/around Champlain - or ferry ?

I suppose it depends on whether you like ferry rides. (My wife, who
grew up on the water, will almost always preferably take a ferry, so we
take a lot of ferries.) The Vermont side of Lake Champlain is
incredibly scenic, and there's quite a bit to do there. In fact, you
could stay on US 7 all the way to Stockbridge.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/