Old December 23rd, 2003, 04:18 AM
Craig

Default NWA in-flight service is not so Welcoming!

Normally I don't get involved with these types of discussions, but thought
I'd enter a few words on NW's behalf. I've flown them many times
trans-Pacific and a few times domestic, and have never had a complaint about
service. It's always been efficient (although perhaps not as courteous as
it could be), but they have never been rude nor have I witnessed them being
rude to another passenger. Meal service was palatable, with hot towel and
ice cream service also being offered. I also commend them once for holding
our connecting flight for around half an hour when our plane arrived late
due to a mechanical problem. (And on that flight my wife and I were using
non-revenue tickets!) Every airline has a bad flight once in a while, but
NWA is no worse than any other airline. Most of the time they offer
efficient service...that is all I expect and all I demand of them.
Craig

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither

Concerned with the direction our government
is going? VOTE LIBERTARIAN

"Riaz Osmani" wrote in message
om...
(Yaofeng) wrote in message

. com...
Either no one let NW know about this, what was described was untrue,
or it happened so few and far between that it wasn't a big deal. I
would have imagined NW would have lost so much business on that route
that they would have to shut it down if what's said kept going on and
on. The fact they are still operating that route says they still must
be doing something right. It's a free market. Isn't it?

It is very well known among international passengers to and from
Detroit or MSP that Northwest's inflight experience on international
flights is the worst compared to what you get on many European, almost
all Asian and even other US carriers. It's not that NW tries to
provide decent service and fails. They don't even try. The flight
attendants are rude, careless and act like they are doing a favour to
paying customers. Their international fleet is still one of the oldest
and unexciting (no IFE, bad seats etc. on coach class). Their meal
service is a joke. Most Americans haven't flown internationally, much
less have flown a non-American airline and thus don't know what level
of service is now standard in International Economy Class on most of
them. Northwest seems content to cater to those passengers. God I wish
NW managers would read these comments.

Riaz