Old April 19th, 2004, 02:48 PM
gman99

Default Maritime Provinces in July

"Gene Brabston" wrote:
Our family of four has two weeks set aside in mid July. We are planning a
trip to the Canadian Maritime provinces.
We plan to fly to a central US city, rent a car, and tour the provinces
by vehicle. Would Portland, Maine be a good place to
start from? What should our itinerary be? Is two weeks too much or too
little time???

A lot of car rental companies won't let you cross the border anymore.
You're better off flying into Halifax and renting a car at the
airport...pay for it in Canadian dollars (cheaper). From Halifax the Cabot
Trail (Cape Breton) is a must see. Are you interested in historical /
cultural sites ? There's plenty to see.