Old September 10th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Miguel Cruz

Default Money around Asia

Eric Edwards wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:04:07 GMT, Miguel Cruz wrote:
They had email 10 years ago, you know! I even used the internet in
developing countries like Indonesia back then.

Must have been a private arrangement. In 1993, ISP's were just beginning
to reach beyond the largest cities, even in the US. I am skeptical of a
claim that there was any kind of public access in Indonesia.

I walked into a university computer science department and asked to use it.

I haven't really lived outside of large cities or college towns in the USA
but since about 1991 I never had trouble in those places getting access.

miguel