Old May 30th, 2010, 08:17 PM posted to alt.sports.baseball.detroit-tigers,rec.sport.football.college,rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.canada
Antonio Veranos

Default Weird ties to Canada...

I never really knew that the Tigers had much of a link with Canada,
though I guess it makes sense given that they're so close to Windsor.
Most Americans don't know this, probably, but Detroit is a border city
with our friends to the north... though in Detroit's case, you actually
drive south(!) to get to Canada across the Ambassador Bridge.

Anyway... so they're linked a bit, I suppose, and no doubt the Tigers
even have quite a few Canadian fans (especially now that they have a new
park and they're not completely awful anymore). Still, it's weird that
they would recognize this link by putting 'EH' on their uniforms. Even
weirder is that they didn't put it inside of anything uniquely Canadian
like a red maple leaflet or something, but just a black circle. Weird.

--
A. Veranos

What color does a smurf go when you choke it?