Old June 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM posted to alt.sports.baseball.detroit-tigers,rec.sport.football.college,rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.canada
The BorgMan

Default Weird ties to Canada...

Antonio Veranos wrote in
:

I never really knew that the Tigers had much of a link with Canada,
though I guess it makes sense given that they're so close to Windsor.
Most Americans don't know this, probably, but Detroit is a border city
with our friends to the north... though in Detroit's case, you actually
drive south(!) to get to Canada across the Ambassador Bridge.

Or through the tunnel.

As far as I know it's the only place in the US where you can travel due
south from the US and enter Canada.

Anyway... so they're linked a bit, I suppose, and no doubt the Tigers
even have quite a few Canadian fans

Tigers fans reach about halfway to Toronto.

--
Aaron